Citizens Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) is to advise the Board and District staff on transit-related issues and make suggestions for transit service improvements.
The CAC will advise the Board, General Manager and District staff on the following items:
- Adhering to the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Issues related to the quality of the public’s ridership experience and other engagement with the District.
- Issues related to advocacy, including:
- Cultivating an understanding of public transportation policy issues and opportunities among members of the CAC.
- Identifying opportunities for adequate funding for the District from governmental, quasi-governmental, non-profit and for-profit entities.
- Mobilizing public transportation customers, supporters, and other public transportation stakeholders.
The CAC is composed of nine (9) community representatives – seven (7) selected by individual members of the Board and two (2) from a slate of candidates who apply and are chosen according to the process set out below:
A CAC member must –
- Reside within the District’s service area, which may include locations within the Urban Growth Boundary and cities and towns within Marion and Polk counties,
- Have a familiarity with Cherriots services,
- Be at least 18 years of age and use Cherriots services periodically; however, transit dependency is not a requirement for CAC membership,
- Be able to communicate knowledgeably about Cherriots in particular, and public transit in general,
- Have the ability to advocate on behalf of public transit and promote Cherriots services.
Meetings will be tentatively scheduled for the third Tuesday of the months of March, June, September and December at 5:30 pm in the Senator Hearing Room at 555 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon, 97301. The meetings are open to the public and will include a forum for public comment.